5 Ways to Have a Healthy Fall Season
Fall is in the air. Weather is changing. The fall colors are evident on the trees. Football is on TV. Is it time to switch up your routine for cooler weather? I’ve been contemplating the options myself.
Here are 5 ideas to help you stay healthy during the fall.
- Take your workout inside. I’m looking at classes I can take at a local recreation center vs. exercising outside like I have been over the summer. For me I’m looking at Zumba or Yoga classes. I think they’ll hit the spot.
- Try some of the seasonal activities. How about a fall festival, a pumpkin patch, or even a corn maze. Raking leaves and shopping at the farmer’s market are options.
- Eat health seasons foods and drinks. Such as butternut squash, pumpkin, pears, apples, grapes, cranberries, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts (I happen to like them!), artichokes, and even more. They are fresh and in season. I also like the smell of spices like ginger, cinnamon, cumin, clove, and cardamom during this time of year. Add them to your favorite dishes this fall.
- Get nutrients and boost immunity with supplements. It’s a good idea to take a multivitamin to help fill the nutrition gaps, boost your immunity and support your overall health. A probiotic supplement is also a good idea to keep your immune system strong during the fall and coming winter months.
- Enjoy the outdoors. Make the most of the fall colors by going for a walk, jog, or bike ride.